Clew Social Media (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.clewsocialmedia.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is Elaine Ford, Clew Social Media, Wantage, Oxfordshire. Full postal address available on request.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- You may give us information about you by filling in the contact form on our website www.clewsocialmedia.co.uk (our site). The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and social media account details.
- technical information about your internet activity collected automatically when you visit our website, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- technical information about your visit, collected automatically when you visit our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages and services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-hovers), and methods used to browse our away from the page and any phone number used to call our telephone number.
- information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you from third parties including, for example: Eventbrite for workshop ticket booking, payment and delivery services; advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, and social media platforms.
- We may combine the information you provide to us with information we receive from third party sources as listed above.
Use of Information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any training, workshops or consultancy services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already used or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service or training provision;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we may serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Website Visitor Tracking
This website uses tracking software to monitor its visitors to better understand how they use it. The software will save a cookie to your computer’s hard drive in order to track and monitor your engagement and usage of the website, but will not store, save or collect personal information.
Cookies In Use on This Site
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
We do not actively set cookies on our website. Our website is built in WordPress and may require certain cookies to function correctly. These are session cookies set by the website and are not within our control.
We use a Contact Form to enable visitors to the site to submit enquiries. This information is held for customer services purposes only and is not currently used for marketing purposes.
Third party functions
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or follow us on Social Media, we have included ‘Like’ and ‘Follow’ buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
We use: Google Analytics.
Cookies are widely used in online advertising. Neither us, advertisers or our advertising partners can gain personally identifiable information from these cookies.
You can learn more about online advertising at http://www.youronlinechoices.com . You can opt-out of almost all advertising cookies at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices although we would prefer that you didn’t as ultimately adverts help keep much of the internet free. It is also worth noting that opting out of advertising cookies will not mean you won’t see adverts, just simply that they won’t be tailored to you any longer.
We use: Facebook Advertising and Google Adwords.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves, pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so-called “remarketing cookie” during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our site. Don’t worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymized. You can opt out of these cookies at any time as explained above.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so-called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/, a marketing agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.
We use Google Analytics on our website
Google Analytics is a piece of software that grabs data about visitors to our website.
Google Analytics records data including, but not limited to:
- What website you came from to get here.
- How long you stay for.
- What kind of computer or mobile network you are using.
The tracking information we receive via Google Analytics allows us to better understand the kind of people who come to our site and what content they’re reading. This allows us to make better decisions about design and page content.
Occasionally, we will compile aggregate statistics about the number of visitors this site receives and browsers being used. No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting.
All of our activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics terms www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html
Contact and Communication With Us
Users contacting this us through this website do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use.
Where we have clearly stated and made you aware of the fact, and where you have given your express permission, we may use your details to send you information through a mailing list system.
Email Mailing List and Marketing Messages
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, social media posts, tweets etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003